Is the current "editor" draft really open for future evolution ? Re: SODA gripes (1): The Big One

François Bonnarel francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr
Fri Jan 15 17:07:12 CET 2016

Me again,
On 12/01/2016 15:25, Markus Demleitner wrote:
>>              3 ) the current draft is totally open on future evolution on
>> this point. It may be consistent with the solution proposed by Markus and
> Unfortunately, it's not.  Once the first clients are out and it becomes
> clear that they're not useful for what people want to do with their
> services, they'll keep developing web interfaces, and SODA will go the
> way of <insert your favourite non-taken-up IVOA standard>, and people
> will screen scrape and type into web forms for the next five years at
> least.
It is open because the current edited draft has the 3 factor semantics
description for input PARAMs. It as NO refs or whatever other  mechanism
to ObsCore-like FIELDS or PARAMs and neither has the <MIN>/<MAX> for
Parameter domain.
If after discussion and implementaion people want teh <MIN><MAX> (or the
latrenative solution) it would be possible to add them without
discarding old services which will only MISS something usefull (and the
same for a solution based on relationship to OBSCORE attributes which I
would prefer.

Regards
François