validation of SIA 2

Pierre Le Sidaner pierre.lesidaner at obspm.fr
Mon Feb 22 19:15:01 CET 2016

Dear All

I was working on the SIA2 validator on the last days
I have a first version as a draft
http://voparis-validator.obspm.fr

I try it with the 3 examples taken from RFC Page
http://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/Siav2RFC
The SIA2 document is confusing because it refer to ObsCore without
telling exactly what is mandatory.
Moreover I have question about SIA V2 and the implementations

* non of them support Inf as > or < of as it's proposed in the last
documentation of sia2
like BAND=300 +Inf

* could you please reference the schema in votable to validate it,
something like
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VOTable/v1.3
http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VOTable/VOTable-1.3.xsd"

* for Utype example use an extension in the Utype name like
obscore:Char.SpatialAxis.Coverage.Location.Coord.Position2D.Value2.C1
but as the Utype come from Characterisation, is it relevant to add
obscore, specially taking into account that Utype should be normalized.

* for request in the query. In the example inside the document, REQUEST
take the value query. Nothing in the documentation is related to DALI
for that. http://dalservices.ivoa.net/sia_b?REQUEST=query&POS=CIRCLE
180.475 -18.70 0.01&BAND= 0.0008 0.0009&TIME= 55708
55710&COLLECTION=ALMA. It should be more explicit in the documentation.
And one ref implementation does not support this parameter/value.

* what about datatype and xtype are they both mandatory in the votable
output ? for s_region, s_fov ... in Obscore document there is both
adql:REGION and AstroCoordArea does both are acceptable. VOTable schema
should include a list of xtype if it's possible

* don't you see any problem as s_resolution have datatype=float and
xtype=adql:DOUBLE and sometime double in obscore doc.

* what should I do with MAXREC, I mean what to test ?

The 3 examples I took where

http://www.cadc-ccda.hia-iha.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/sia/v2query?
it was my reference for test, if you try you must remove all the Inf

casda implementation
http://casda.csiro.au/casda_vo_tools/sia2/query
does not support Request=query,

VAO implementation
http://vaosa-vm1.aoc.nrao.edu/ivoa-dal/siapv2-vao/sync?
problem with DTD on votable

Please give feedback about the validator, I am sure there is some bogus
left.

Regards
Pierre

                            Pierre Le Sidaner
                         Observatoire de Paris

Direction Informatique de l'Observatoire
Observatoire Virtuel 01 40 51 20 82
61, avenue de l'Observatoire 75014 Paris

mailto:pierre.lesidaner at obspm.fr
http://vo.obspm.fr