A prototype for online DAL examples and model snipets

Laurent Michel laurent.michel at astro.unistra.fr
Tue Feb 2 17:46:14 CET 2016

Dear all,

In order to give some quick references to DAL query examples, we have setup a service prototype available here:
	http://saada.unistra.fr/voexamples

This service provides a set of examples for various protocols (currently Obscore and VODML). Each example (or snipet) has 4
sections (in plain text right now):
- title
- description
- query (ADQL, XML....)
- usage (how to run the example).

We identified 2 use cases:
1) Human users can browse the Web site to access individual examples. In this case, all sections are gathered on a single page.
A keyword search may be implemented later.

2) For software clients, each of these items can be consumed to build up a contextual help facility.
Below is an example of an URL returning the "query" section of the "Composition" feature in "VODML".
	http://saada.unistra.fr/voexamples/vosi/vodml/Composition/query
Whereas the following URL
	http://saada.unistra.fr/voexamples/vosi/obscore/usecase1.1
returns a whole example as an XHTML page compliant with the VOSI examples specification.

Please, try it out and contribute with your comments and feedback.

Our plan, if you agree, is to reference this service in the use-case appendix of Obscore 1.1 (less text but more tests).

Currently we only have some rough examples for VODML and Obscore.

Cheers
Laurent Michel
Mireille Louys
Daniel Durand