ADQL: MOD sign

Mark Taylor M.B.Taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Aug 11 17:30:47 CEST 2016

Dave & Marco,

the cosmopterix page you reference states "PostgreSQL requires both
parameters to be integers."  I don't have a tame PostgreSQL
instance locally to play with, but looking at the online docs
and other circumstantial evidence suggests that it does work
in PostgreSQL (semantics remainder of y/x) with floating point
arguments too.  Is this integer restriction actually true for
PostgreSQL and/or other backends?  Although one thinks of MOD
as an integer thing, the floating point form may be useful in
some cases, so it's probably not a good idea to make this
restriction unless there's a good reason for it.

Mark