ADQL geometry types

Alex Szalay szalay at jhu.edu
Fri Apr 15 04:12:07 CEST 2016

The REGION was the object which made the whole construct a mathematically closed algebra.
So this means that ADQL will remain an ad hoc mishmash of certain geometry type.
This will also mean that the internal geometry representations of major existing surveys like
SDSS, GALEX, HST, HLA will be incompatible with ADQL.

Draw your own conclusions what the outcome will be.

--Alex