TAP 1.1, MAXREC and TOP

Kristin Riebe kriebe at aip.de
Wed Sep 2 09:09:06 CEST 2015

Dear DAL

> And, given that, I'd wish clients would not pass in MAXREC by
> default.  Mark... Do you think you could have the Max Row combo in
> TOPCAT default to empty?

Are you sure this would be wise?
I thought MAXREC was set by default so that people do not accidentally
download complete large tables, especially since they may need to first
try around a bit to get the query right, but may forget to set TOP to
limit their results during this try-out phase.

Cheers,
Kristin

Dr. Kristin Riebe
E-Science & GAVO

Email: kriebe at aip.de
Phone: +49 331 7499-377
Room:  B6/25
Leibniz-Institut für Astrophysik Potsdam (AIP)
An der Sternwarte 16, D-14482 Potsdam
Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Matthias Steinmetz, Matthias Winker
Stiftung bürgerlichen Rechts
Stiftungsverzeichnis Brandenburg: 26 742-00/7026