prototype TAP-1.1 service

Mark Taylor m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Jun 2 15:49:45 CEST 2015

Pat,

On Wed, 27 May 2015, Patrick Dowler wrote:

> I have updated the CADC TAP service with some TAP-1.1 goodies:

I think there's an issue with the service registration and/or
implementation of the TAP service ivo://cadc.nrc.ca/tap.
The service URL is listed in the registry as

   http://www.cadc-ccda.hia-iha.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/tap/

If I submit jobs to:

   http://www.cadc-ccda.hia-iha.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/tap/async

it works.  But if I append /async to the registered service URL I get

   http://www.cadc-ccda.hia-iha.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/tap//async

and attempting to POST there gets me a 404.  My reading of TAP 1.0
is that appending /async is the right thing to do, and that's what
topcat's TAP client does.  Can you either fix it or argue it's
somebody else's fault (possibly mine)?  Of course I could work
around it easily enough.

I don't *think* I used to see this; I suspect that the implementation
has become less tolerant of the repeated solidus, but possibly the
registration has changed.

Thanks

Mark