qualifier never matches correlation_name

Marco Molinaro molinaro at oats.inaf.it
Wed Jan 14 09:12:22 CET 2015

Hi Walter, hi all,
from the grammar point of view it seems correct because the
[ <schema_name> <period> ]
in the <table_name> rule is optional and there are no other
grammar rules that will suffer from it, the only other places
the <qualifier> is used being

<column_reference> ::= [ <qualifier> <period> ] <column_name>

My thought, however, is that table names and correlation names are
different concepts in SQL, so my choice would be not to simplify that rule,
simplification that sounds to me like implicitly meaning that a correlation
name is the same as an unqualified table name (when used as a qualifier).

Cheers,
     Marco