What does TOP mean ?

Arnold Rots arots at cfa.harvard.edu
Mon Apr 27 15:43:46 CEST 2015

Yes, you need an observatory-specific model to calculate a score.
By its very nature, therefore, it will only be a relative score.
Example:
For Chandra we implemented a score that is based on instrument, exposure
time, and off-axis angle
(PSF degrades with increasing off-axis angle).

  - Arnold

Arnold H. Rots                                          Chandra X-ray
Science Center
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory                   tel:  +1 617 496
7701
60 Garden Street, MS 67                                      fax:  +1 617
495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138
arots at cfa.harvard.edu
USA