Axes in Obscore: Velociity axes

Marco Molinaro molinaro at oats.inaf.it
Fri Apr 24 10:15:18 CEST 2015

Hi Mireille, Hi all,

if I get it right, that table comes out of obscore's use case A.3.2.
It seems to me that my case takes something also from the A.3.4 (because my
users want to see RESTFRQ reported, even if it's not in the FITS header
explicitly)  and also the cubes we're dealing with span both the 3 axis and
4 axis cases (even if the 4th currently is just degenerate and not
considered in the usage of data).

Anyway, that said, I think that d_
ucd
unit
definition
min
max
would suffice. I think reference_position will be GEOCENTRIC in my case,
but I have to investigate.

In some sense the above listed are enough to describe the data for the
needs of the community I'm serving, I'm wondering if it's ok also for a
generic VO user searching for datasets that include the ones I (will) have
in place.

As for the units specification Arnold pointed out: my user need it not in
search phase (the unit there is fixed by the service interface, which I
think will always be the case in VO) but it wants it in the response to
ease the work of the client app. So probably my use case does not put
requirements on this issue.

Cheers,
    Marco

ps - to be honest all my use case works in GLON,GLAT instead of RA,DEC, but
that's trivial.