Datalink vocabulary

Norman Gray norman at astro.gla.ac.uk
Tue Sep 23 14:35:31 CEST 2014

Pat and all, hello.

On 2014 Sep 23, at 11:01, Norman Gray <norman at astro.gla.ac.uk> wrote:

> I suggest that the 'semantics' term (of 3.2.6) should be defined as follows:
>
>  * The 'semantics' term is interpreted as a URI.
>  * If the term is a relative URI, then it is resolved against the base URI <http://www.ivoa.net/rdf/datalink/core#> using the standard algorithm of RFC3986 Sect. 5.2.

Two afterthoughts:

1. This is the sort of thing where it would be very useful for the spec to include some test cases (Markus's "DALI examples" syntax might show how the Datalink standard text could be marked up to make the examples in there mechanically extractable).

2. It is 'good practice', though not technically required, to have such predicates be retrievable on the web, producing some sort of documentation of the meaning of the 'semantics term'.  This is^W will be the case for <http://www.ivoa.net/rdf/datalink/core#foo>.  This might usefully be added as a Datalink requirement: any non-standard URI term included here must be retrievable to give an explanation.

All the best,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk