TAPRegExt Erratum

Mark Taylor m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Oct 30 19:47:20 CET 2014

On Wed, 29 Oct 2014, Mark Taylor wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Oct 2014, Markus Demleitner wrote:
>
> > Dear DAL,
> >
> > As a guinea pig for how to do Errata, and also as a prerequiste for
> > RegTAP, here's a draft Erratum for TAPRegExt as discussed earlier
> > this year:
> >
> > http://docs.g-vo.org/TREErr1.pdf
> >
> > It's also in volute at
> > https://volute.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/projects/registry/tapregext-erratum1
>
> There's a mistake!
>
> The actual description of the change to the schema in sec 1 says
>
>     "... now reads vr:anyURI".
>
> It should say
>
>     "... now reads xs:anyURI"

Reflecting on this a bit further, in its capacity of guinea pig:
of course I only spotted this error when I came to implement it
(in a validation tool, which may also be relevant).
Which raises the question of whether some or all of the

   "Each feature of the Working Draft has been implemented.
    The Working Group should be able to demonstrate two
    interoperable implementations of each feature,
    and validation tools should be available."

language from DocStd ought to apply to Errata.  You'd think not,
given that

   "Errata may not be used to change the normative content of a
    Recommendation."

but this would appear to provide a counter-example.

Mark