datalink-terms (summary)

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Thu Oct 23 22:00:10 CEST 2014

OK, it seems like the dust has settled a bit. I think this is what we
have agreed so far for the initial minimalist vocabulary:

#this

#auxiliary (generic)
#weight
#error
#noise

#calibration (generic)
#bias
#dark
#flat

#preview (generic)
#preview-image
#preview-plot

#proc (generic)
#cutout

#progenitor (generic)

#derivation (generic)

I'm not that happy with #proc (because it isn't actually a word) but we
do need a generic base term for links to services (custom or not). The
intent here is to generically cover what Markus calls SSDP (server side
data processing) without resorting to an acronym :-)

So, is #proc OK or do you have a better (actual) word?

National Research Council Canada
5071 West Saanich Road
Victoria, BC V9E 2E7

250-363-0044 (office) 250-363-0045 (fax)