SSA 1.1

Petr Skoda skoda at sunstel.asu.cas.cz
Tue Nov 18 15:28:23 CET 2014

> it a little. In fact, there are more things that should be changed in
> the example. For instance, url's are outdated and they don't work (the
> domain laeff.inta.es does not exist anymore)
>
> So, if it is ok, I could write an updated version of the example
>
> Carlos

Perfect - it was my idea some time ago as well to write more
comprehensible examples (as well some best practises of using the
protocol) that could be live-tested .
If this happens (Carlos, please do it), I think there is a time to rewrite
the observational example as well - the SDSS - pointing to recent working
services or some other (validated and working) service.

In my experience while reading the SSA docs it is important to have some
example service you can try to ask - give various (even exotic) queries to
understand how to server should react for unexpected situations.

IMHO it does not change the single word in standard so does not require
the whole doc life-path through comittee reviews atc ...

*  Petr Skoda                         Phone : +420-323-649201, ext. 361 *
*  Stellar Department                         +420-323-620361           *
*  Astronomical Institute AS CR       Fax   : +420-323-620250           *
*  251 65 Ondrejov                    e-mail: skoda at sunstel.asu.cas.cz  *
*  Czech Republic                                                       *