About the draft itself Re: WD-SIA-2.0

Arnold Rots arots at cfa.harvard.edu
Tue May 6 11:28:18 PDT 2014

But the usage of wavelength in radio astronomy is never precise
and is equivalent to the role band designations (L, C, U, K, ...) play.

I am old enough to remember that some optical astronomers
supported the modernization of replacing wavelength by
wavenumber - physically more meaningful (like frequency).

  - Arnold

Arnold H. Rots                                          Chandra X-ray
Science Center
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory                   tel:  +1 617 496
7701
60 Garden Street, MS 67                                      fax:  +1 617
495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138
arots at cfa.harvard.edu
USA