datatypes (effects all 3 WDs to some extent)

CresitelloDittmar, Mark mdittmar at cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Mar 21 09:32:22 PDT 2014

All,

as an FYI:
For the Spectral/ImageDM work that I'm doing, I have been formalizing the
set of datatypes that are used.
The foundation for these is coming from working with VODML and include the
'primitives' (real, integer, boolean, etc)
and a set of "Quanity" types (which include units/ucds).  For each 'model',
I am creating additional datatypes specific
to that model ( e.g. "Contact" for Spectal, and enumerations ).  Just
recently, I defined an "Interval" datatype,
which I want to use in place of the STC coordInterval object set.

So, I fully agree.  I'm finding it difficult to re-use models partially
because the datatype definitions are
either vague, or incompatible.  It would be nice to have a set of datatypes
defined which we can build from.

Mark

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 4:02 PM, Patrick Dowler <
patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca> wrote:

>   Really,  we are passing in a numeric interval as the value of the query
> parameter, so add that to the list of implicit datatypes. In future, one
> might think about describing the spectral or time coverage using such a
> numeric interval instead of two scalar values, just like we describe the
> spatial footprint using geometry.

So, we have a mismatch between the datatypes we are trying to use and our