WD-AccessData-1.0-20140312

Robert J. Hanisch hanisch at stsci.edu
Thu Mar 20 15:20:46 PDT 2014

I just have to add my 2-cents worth and say that I think this is wrong.
The protocol should be as simple as possible, and adding bandpass names is
not.

I don't think the protocol itself needs to be terribly user friendly.
Rarely will end-users write SIAP queries by hand.

If you want a user interface or toolkit that layers bandpass-based queries
on top of the basic protocol, that is fine.  User sees bandpass name = V,
protocol sees a wavelength range.  But everything you add onto the
protocol is another feature the data provider has to implement.

Bob