WD-AccessData-1.0-20140312

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Thu Mar 13 15:54:09 PDT 2014

On 13/03/14 03:31 PM, Petr Skoda wrote:
> the biggest mistake of SIA 1.0 is there is not primary the concept of
> filters built-in - I am just in troubles trying to access the multi
> colour survey.
>
> I do not believe the most use cases can be solved by stating
> wavelengths in BAND....

Are you talking about searching for data in the R band? You need to look
at the SIA-2.0 {query} capability; this defines query parameters for
discovering data. While it isn't perfect and it isn't trivial, one can
write a numeric query of the ObsCore model such that most of the
returned data is in a band very much like R. Applications could help
users formulate such queries. If you want to propose something more on
the query side, please do so, but it will probably not be considered in
scope until SIA-2.1

Or are you talking about creating a virtual R-band image out of a 3d
cube? If you are talking about a virtual image from a cube, the only
kind of access that is in scope for AccessData-1.0 is simple extraction
is subsets. All other kinds of operations are to be considered later in 1.x

PS-It is by design that the numeric BAND parameter is the same in SIA
and AccessData, because they both specify a value or interval on the
spectral axis. However, the two capabilities do different things now and
will diverge further (in allowed parameters) in subsequent versions.

National Research Council Canada
5071 West Saanich Road
Victoria, BC V9E 2E7

250-363-0044 (office) 250-363-0045 (fax)