Multi-dimensional Data Access minimal requirements

Douglas Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Wed Mar 12 09:24:28 PDT 2014

Note that all proposals being discussed provide support for this
feature, e.g., POS,SIZE with a single SIZE value defines a circular
region centered at a given position (in the coordinate space of a
specific spatial frame it also defines a nonrotated box).  Certainly
this is the most common and most useful spatial cutout and defines the
absolute minimum required.  The point being made is that allowing SIZE
to have two values, specified as angular extents, is still a simple
cutout but provides sufficient flexibility to fully describe a
nonrotated spatial image cutout, e.g. of a large cube or wide field
survey.   - Doug