Multi-dimensional Data Access minimal requirements

Ray Plante rplante at illinois.edu
Tue Mar 11 11:32:09 PDT 2014

On Tue, 11 Mar 2014, Robert J. Hanisch wrote:
> Remember, too, we are talking about the query that gets sent from the
> interface to a service.  SIAP queries will most likely result from web
> forms or programmatic interfaces in which user-friendly inputs can be
> specified.  So we need not make the range specification so dumbed-down as
> "circle".

Recalling that this question arose from the requirement for supporting
simple cut-outs, we should clarify where the use of circle/range would
appear.  I'm gathering from Pat's response that this something that
goes specifically into AccessData, and would not affect image
searching, which is handled by SIAv2.  Is this correct?

This reminds me of another related question.  SIAv1 had the feature
that allowed a service to bill itself specificially as a "cutout"
service, which meant that the search queries would specifically return
images that are cut-outs matching (as close as possible) the search
region.  Is this expected to be allowed/supported by SIAv2?

cheers,
Ray