Multi-dimensional Data Access minimal requirements

Robert J. Hanisch hanisch at stsci.edu
Mon Mar 10 14:04:54 PDT 2014

I would just add my vote that a circle specification for a cutout is not
the way to go.  Simple RA and Dec limits are much preferable.  Suppose I
want a rather long rectangle, covering a wide range of RA and something
quite narrow in Dec.  Limited to a circular cutout specification I will
get a much bigger cutout than I want, and this basically defeats the
purpose of getting a _cutout_.

I would not allow for four arbitrary corners of a quadrilateral, just
RA_min/max, Dec_min/max.

Bob