Multi-dimensional Data Access minimal requirements

Arnold Rots arots at cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Mar 7 13:43:47 PST 2014

Mark,

This set of requirements is for a simple subset.
I think it would be fair to apply the same criterion to the redshift axis:
don't cover the complicated stuff you are listing - multiple lines,
multiple objects, etc.

Just a simple redshift axis, only allowing a single restfrequency (on the
spectral axis),
with Doppler definition (OPTICAl, RADIO) and reference position (TOPO, GEO,
BARY, LSR).

After all, these requirements don't propose the spatial axes because a
full, complicated
REGION syntax cannot be implemented ;-)

Cheers,

  - Arnold

Arnold H. Rots                                          Chandra X-ray
Science Center
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory                   tel:  +1 617 496
7701
60 Garden Street, MS 67                                      fax:  +1 617
495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138
arots at cfa.harvard.edu
USA