NULL-valued TAP_SCHEMA boolean columns?

Marco Molinaro molinaro at oats.inaf.it
Tue Jun 10 06:30:18 PDT 2014

Hi Mark,
it is true it is not explicit, but I always read the descriptive text at
the end of the columns description in TAP§2.6.3 as true/false flags, so to
me it makes no sense to have NULLs in there.
I consider it can happen that a provider is undecided whether to put a 0 or
a 1, but in that case I'd put a 0, not a NULL, i.e. I may loose some
information on indexing or standardization but keep the boolean flagging
solution for those fields.

Cheers,
   Marco

ps - should this go in the errata system (when ready) to explicit the
eventual decision on it?