Presentation of Obscore interface of the Vizier associated data

Laurent Michel laurent.michel at astro.unistra.fr
Thu Jul 31 06:39:40 PDT 2014

Hello everybody and dear chairs,

We propose to give a talk about the Vizier associated data Vs Obscore at the next Interop meeting in October2014.
Not knowing which group is the most concerned, we submit the proposal to DM DAL and application.

Cheers

Gilles Landais, Laurent Michel

======================================
Title: Using the Obscore DM to Index VizieR associated data.

Abstract: The Vizier  storage associated data and the indexation of spectra,
images are at the origin of an important work started early this year.
At the beginning of 2014, the AAS journals decided to  homogenise the
interface of images, spectra and time-series by using metadata described
in the ObsCore Data Model.

The use of Obscore will make the query responses on Vizier associated data directly consumable by VO clients.
The choice of the SAADA engine for both data storage and retrieval is at the origin of
significant development impacting tha VizieR pipeline and the SAADA dataloader.
We propose to present the design of the (future) tools helping scientific paper's authors to upload their own data and to map
them on ObsCore fields.
We also propose to sketch out our strategy for the validation of that mapping done by the data providers.
--

---- Laurent MICHEL              Tel  (33 0) 3 68 85 24 37
      Observatoire de Strasbourg  Fax  (33 0) 3 68 85 24 32
      11 Rue de l'Universite      Mail laurent.michel at astro.unistra.fr
      67000 Strasbourg (France)   Web  http://astro.u-strasbg.fr/~michel
---