WD-AccessData-1.0-20140312

François Bonnarel francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr
Thu Jul 31 00:42:59 PDT 2014

Hi all,

    A new version of the AccessData Working draft will be provided in a
couple of weeks.

    I encourage people to (re)start to send comments on the current
draft (see below) and have in mind we had on this before and during the
last interop in may.

    What we have for interface is basically sufficient for the first
priority cutouts and selection requirements from the CSP. It has the
great advantage to be consistent with the SIA query interface. An update
of the draft to take into account last evolutions of SIAV2 is needed

     For discussion we have to keep in mind these things
            - Is what we have sufficient for basic AccesSData on sparse
cubes (HEA event lists and list of computed parameters from
Simulations). The main point here is "basic".

            - Can we use the SELECT feature to extend to extraction of
ranges on other parameters such as RadVel/Redshift (observations) or any
physical parameter (Simulations)

            - more complex transformations than cutouts and selections
are delayed to version 1.1. This is valid for regular cubes as well as
any kind of sparse cubes

           - For more sophisticated functionalitiess, eg  dealing with
atomic parameters inconsistent with SIA , or with ADQL or SQL-like
queries (which make sense in Sparse cubes, lists) The service descriptor
approach of custom services allow fast integration of ad hoc web
services very soon.

Best regards
François Bonnarel