SIA-2.0: query params for string values

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Jul 1 02:54:53 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 06:36:18PM +0200, Jose Enrique Ruiz wrote:
> for the params: collection, facility_name, instrument_name and
> target_name, I would just provide the vision of a potential

For all these cases, I maintain the protocol must make the possible
values discoverable -- for a concrete user interface, fairly clearly
drop-down boxes or the like are what should be provided here.

Allowing some sort of string matching here ("all instrument names
starting with 'Super-'") might sound like useful for a use case or
two, but I personally would prefer if we could agree that to be out
of scope for a *simple* protocol.

Cheers,

       Markus