PubDIDs (and DIDs in general, maybe)

Arnold Rots arots at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Jan 15 09:22:13 PST 2014

The question is not so much what the best way is to do this.
It would be perfectly fine, I think (and even better), if
   ivo://ADS/Sa.CXO#obs/05285
were written as, e.g.,
   ivo://ADS/Sa.CXO?type=obs&obsid=05285
since it would make resolving the URIs much simpler.
However, the issue is that there are tens of thousands of persistent
identifiers in existence that need to remain persistent.

  - Arnold

Arnold H. Rots                                          Chandra X-ray
Science Center
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory                   tel:  +1 617 496
7701
60 Garden Street, MS 67                                      fax:  +1 617
495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138
arots at cfa.harvard.edu
USA