PubDIDs (and DIDs in general, maybe)

Arnold Rots arots at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Jan 15 07:29:57 PST 2014

Hm, I'm not happy about dropping fragments, since they feature prominently
in the persistent identifiers that have been issued by data publishers under
the authority of the ADS. And persistent means persistent. So they are not
going away.

The format is: ivo://ADS/<Publisher>#<InternalToPublisher>

See, for instance:
http://cxc.cfa.harvard.edu/cda/datasetid.html
http://aas.org/data-sets/formatting-data-sets-aas-submissions
http://aas.org/data-sets/participating-data-centers

The <Publisher> tags are issued by the ADS.
The data publishers provide the ADS with URLs to resolve the URIs
and the fragment allows the publishers to organize their holdings in
their own fashion.

Cheers,

  - Arnold

Arnold H. Rots                                          Chandra X-ray
Science Center
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory                   tel:  +1 617 496
7701
60 Garden Street, MS 67                                      fax:  +1 617
495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138
arots at cfa.harvard.edu
USA