Datalink Feedback VI: Semantics

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Thu Apr 24 09:29:43 PDT 2014

On 24/04/14 08:45 AM, Norman Gray wrote:
 > I'm defenceless in the face of your Bambi eyes, Markus...

This is awesome!

Thanks for working this out to this point. I am feeling confident now
that we can have semantics (renamed) in DataLink from the start and a
separate and manageable vocabulary. I'll work on the WD text today.

Q. I did create a table with a column named "property" in postgresql and
sybase with no issues and didn't find it in the list of SQL reserved
words I checked... does anyone anticipate issues renaming the
"semantics" field to "property"?

Q. Where do we specify the process for updating the vocabulary itself?
Is that something Semantics WG would have a general policy about?

Pat

National Research Council Canada
5071 West Saanich Road
Victoria, BC V9E 2E7

250-363-0044 (office) 250-363-0045 (fax)