[SIAv2] query params

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Wed Nov 13 15:05:02 PST 2013

The effect of the proposal is to fold SIZE into the POS parameter by
having geometry values instead of a separate SIZE parameter, so SIZE
would go away. This is consistent with having ranges for BAND and TIME
instead of a single value and a "width" parameter.

It also removes the use of STC-S from query parameters (with the intent
of also not using STC-S in AccessData and eventually not including
coordinate metadata in ADQL values either as it is generally agreed that
conflating data and metadata in that way was a bad idea).

In those geometry values, we could well define both RANGE and BOX types
as they serve different purposes; they behave differently but
predictably at the poles.

I have preserved the range syntax from SSA and predecessors, but there
is no support for "range lists": when developing DALI we explicitly
discussed lists of values are agreed that multiple values would be done
with multiple parameter=value pairs instead.

Hope that helps to clarify it.

Pat

On 11/13/2013 02:08 PM, Douglas Tody wrote:
> The proposal here appears to be that POS,SIZE,BAND,TIME,POL, and in
> particular POS, could be generalized sufficiently so that we can drop
> the REGION parameter (REGION being an STC-S string that an optionally
> replace POS,SIZE,BAND,TIME,POL as the specify the filter term).  I will
> ignore the issue of REGION for the moment, but agree strongly that
> having things already broken out as in POS,SIZE,BAND,TIME,POL makes
> service implementation simpler, and extends well to capabilities such as
> range-list values.

National Research Council Canada
5071 West Saanich Road
Victoria, BC V9A 2L9

250-363-0044 (office) 250-363-0045 (fax)