[SIAv2] query params

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Wed Nov 13 10:05:56 PST 2013

Oh well... you can't do it with RANGE, but you can do some other neat
things like:

a cap on the north pole: RANGE / 88/

one quadrant of the north hemisphere: RANGE 0/90 0/

a band around the equator: RANGE / -2/2

the whole sphere: RANGE / /

(taking advantage of those unbounded intervals quite a bit here, but I
don't see any edge cases that don't make sense - although some are
admittedly not that useful :-)

We could have BOX as well; they are not mutually exclusive.

The usefulness of RANGE is that it is trivial to implement correctly if
the service has a regular old DB and axis aligned bounding boxes or just
longitude and latitude columns.

On 11/12/2013 04:48 PM, Tim Jenness wrote:
>> >RANGE <long1>/<long2> <lat1>/<lat2>
>> >
> So how do you specify a rectangle which includes the pole? Don’t all you shapes turn into arcs as you approach the pole?

National Research Council Canada
5071 West Saanich Road
Victoria, BC V9A 2L9

250-363-0044 (office) 250-363-0045 (fax)