WD-DataLink-1.0

Arnold Rots arots at cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 12 11:30:50 PST 2013

I think this list needs some serious consideration,
particularly to make sure that the terms have
general application and that coverage is complete.

For instance, a radio beam image is no different
from a PSF. And what is the relation between an
error map and a noise map? How does that relate
to a sensitivity map. What about an exposure map?
And I thought it peculiar that the first item under
ancillary contains miscellaneous calibration data;
why isn't that under calibration? Also, the set of
calibration data types seems rather limited.

Let's not rush this list.

Cheers,

  - Arnold

Arnold H. Rots                                          Chandra X-ray
Science Center
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory                   tel:  +1 617 496
7701
60 Garden Street, MS 67                                      fax:  +1 617
495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138
arots at cfa.harvard.edu
USA