[DALI] timestamp format

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Thu Nov 7 10:11:34 PST 2013

Alternately for this feature we could ditch ISO-8601 and go with CCSDS 301.0-B-4:

	http://public.ccsds.org/publications/archive/301x0b4.pdf

which assumes UTC for similar reasons as in astronomy and for which the Z is optional.  In this case I believe the hyphen and colon are not optional, even if otherwise omitting fields, e.g.: -11-06T11:10: (or something like that).

The point being the IVOA recommendations have as much validity in our community as standards in other communities.  Backwards compatibility with FITS and STC seems sufficient to not reopen this issue.  Perhaps just make a "Z" optional and move on?