[DALI] timestamp format

Arnold Rots arots at cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Nov 7 06:57:33 PST 2013

Precisely, noting that astronomy has little use for time zones.
Both FITS and STC specifically state that they use a subset
of ISO 8601 - somewhat expanded in the WCS Time draft.

I meant "admissable" in a common sense way, with the FITS DATE
keyword as precedent - for cases that are not explicitly covered
by STC: times not related directly to the time coordinate of the
astronomical data presented, such as file creation times and
environmental data.

  - Arnold

Arnold H. Rots                                          Chandra X-ray
Science Center
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory                   tel:  +1 617 496
7701
60 Garden Street, MS 67                                      fax:  +1 617
495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138
arots at cfa.harvard.edu
USA