[cube access] minutes from telecon (2013-07-03)

Arnold Rots arots at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Jul 24 10:53:27 PDT 2013

Similarly, the AIPS MOMNT task applies a mask derived from a smoothed
(in 3-D) version of the cube, but usually it takes some fiddling with its
parameters to get an optimal result.
SUM c.s. (including unmasked moments) are pretty useless, because you
are mainly adding noise.
That's why I am skeptical about the general usefulness (and urgency) of
adding these kind of services.

Cheers,

  - Arnold

Arnold H. Rots                                          Chandra X-ray
Science Center
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory                   tel:  +1 617 496
7701
60 Garden Street, MS 67                                      fax:  +1 617
495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138
arots at cfa.harvard.edu
USA