[cube access] minutes from telecon (2013-07-03)

Jose Enrique Ruiz jer at iaa.es
Tue Jul 23 00:22:43 PDT 2013

Hi Tim
I agree with you on what INTEG is more interesting than SUM, from the
physical point of view. Actually, I think it should be worth to consider
functionalities for each of the Moments Maps of a velocity cube.

Zero Moment:  <I> = SUM[I] * Channel interval (in mapunits.channel) (e.g. K
km/s)
First Moment: <V> = SUM[I.V] / SUM[I]
Second Moment: <sigma> = SQRT[ <V*V> - <V><V> ]

I also support the addition of MAX access method :)

----
Jose E. Ruiz
Instituto de Astrofisica de Andalucia
Glorieta de la Astronomia s/n