SSA validator

Pierre Le Sidaner pierre.lesidaner at obspm.fr
Fri Jan 25 04:34:08 PST 2013

On 01/23/2013 10:29 AM, Mark Taylor wrote:
> There's a wiki page which is supposed to answer this question:
>
>     http://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/ServiceValidation
>
> it's out of date, of course.  This might be a good opportunity
> for anyone to update it.
>
> On Wed, 23 Jan 2013, Thomas Boch wrote:
>
>> Hi Matthew,
>>
>> VO Paris provides with a validation service for different standards, including
>> SSA :
>> http://voparis-validator.obspm.fr/
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Thomas
>>
>> Le 23/01/13 07:40, Matthew Graham a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is there an SSA validator out there anywhere? I've tried a couple of SSA
>>> services in Europe and in the USA and it seems to me that none are 100%
>>> compliant with the spec.
>>>
>>> 	Cheers,
>>>
>>> 	Matthew
>>
> --
> Mark Taylor   Astronomical Programmer   Physics, Bristol University, UK
> m.b.taylor at bris.ac.uk +44-117-9288776  http://www.star.bris.ac.uk/~mbt/
Hi all

I am currently updating my SSA validator at VOParis. Looking at this link

http://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/ServiceValidation

I see that *4.2.5* The RESOURCE containing the results of a response to
a valid query must include one FIELD / PARAM element with: UCD mandatory
In the SSA document 1.1 and older only Utypes are mandatory not UCD
even in the SSA document 1.1   on  4.2.1
UTYPEs of standard fields are required for identification of interface
elements and *must* be given and *must* comply with the SSA protocol
(this document) /.../ UCDs *should* also be given when specified by the
protocol
So do you want me to ignore the document Service Validator and validate
what is in the protocol document
http://www.ivoa.net/Documents/SSA/20120210/REC-SSA-1.1-20120210.htm

Moreover I as I have insist many time that XML schema referenced should
really be accessible to see if it's compliant with the text
xmlns:ssa="http://www.ivoa.net/xml/DalSsap/v1.0" is not available

regards
Pierre

                            Pierre Le Sidaner
                         Observatoire de Paris

Division Informatique de l'Observatoire
Observatoire Virtuel 01 40 51 20 89
61, avenue de l'Observatoire 75014 Paris

mailto:pierre.lesidaner at obspm.fr
http://vo-web.obspm.fr