TAP Implementation Notes 1.0

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Dec 16 00:49:05 PST 2013

Dear DAL activists,

As threatened a while ago, I've now uploaded the TAP Implementation
Notes 1.0 to the IVOA document repository.  It's now online at

http://www.ivoa.net/documents/Notes/TAPNotes/index.html

If you're running a TAP server (or writing a TAP client), I'd very
much appreciate if you could have a look at it and see what you'd
consider worth implementing.

Compared to the draft I've circulated a while ago, the main changes
are those that Mark proposed. In particular, error messages on failed
UWS job creation are now recommended to be text/plain. I stand
corrected re the error message formats according to DALI (thanks!).

I'd very much like to have a version 1.1 after the Madrid interop.
In it, apart from updates to the current proposals (as in
"implemented at the Frob datacenter" or "Reconsidered and chose
another solution"), I'd very much like to have in there draft specs
on

* authentication/authorization issues, ideally both SSO and, as
  implememented here and there, http basic
* VOSpace integration.
* more things to do with the plan (or debug, or whatever) endpoint

If you have thoughts on these (or on much anything else in the TAP
stack), please do not hesitate to contribute, either through me or,
actually preferred, directly into volute.

Cheers,

           Markus