datalink session

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Mon Apr 8 15:35:00 PDT 2013

Noted. I was going to put a call today about this session so thanks for
the prompting :-)

There will be one session on DataLink which is a joint session with the
Theory IG. I know about or anticipate the following presentations:

Laurent Michel et al (below)
Patrick Dowler (DataLink prototype talk/demo)
?? from Theory IG (DataLink prototype for SimDAL?)

If anyone else has something to show, let me know and I can add it to
the agenda.

There will be two other DAL sessions devoted to technical discussion of
the topics from the focus sessions (multi-dimensional data and time
series). These are scheduled soon after the related focus session and
the idea here is to have an open discussion of the technical challenges
we can see coming as a result of the use cases expressed in the focus
sessions. I am not planning to schedule any talks but we may put
together a basic agenda right after the focus session(s). Hopefully we
will have a (large) whiteboard for these DAL sessions.

Pat

On 04/04/2013 08:36 AM, Laurent MICHEL wrote:

> Dear Pat,
>
> As the interop is now coming fast, we would like to get a slot into this
> session.
> We would like to present 2 data link service demonstrators  :
>    1) Quick look on X-ray spectra (Laurent)
>    2) Heterogeneous Datalinks for Aladin images and cubes
>
> We are also writing a note illustrating some data link use-cases and a
> prototype specification for a data link protocol.
> We propose to discuss it during this session.
>
> Cheers
> L.Michel, F.Bonnarel & M.Louys.

National Research Council Canada
5071 West Saanich Road
Victoria, BC V9A 2L9

250-363-0044 (office) 250-363-0045 (fax)