SIAP postprocessing

Petr Skoda skoda at sunstel.asu.cas.cz
Wed Sep 26 04:56:37 PDT 2012

Hi all
  another question I have concerning involvement of my students in VO.

There is a buch of SIAP servers and plans for SIAP2.
As I was not until now interested in images and catalogues I do not have
personal experience with their operations and interoperability with Aladin
etc.

So a naive question - how many of SIAP services has implemented the
postprocessing - i.e. makin cutout of requested field (in rectangle or
circle) and rebinnig, rotation, rescaling and format conversion - e.g from
FITS to
jph, gif .....

And how it is intended to use this in clients ?
Namely Aladin

And what about the connection between image and catalogue - e.g. lists of
object available on image and restriction of catalogue rows when image is
cutout on-the fly..

BTW I see the another usage for DataLink here - Image and associeted
catalogue - e.g. list of objects displayed - something like sextractor log
converted to magnitudes etc ....

Clever robotic telscopes have already the astrometry in WCS of raw frames
so most of the work could be automatized.

Best regards,

Petr

*  Petr Skoda                         Phone : +420-323-649201, ext. 361 *
*  Stellar Department                         +420-323-620361           *
*  Astronomical Institute AS CR       Fax   : +420-323-620250           *
*  251 65 Ondrejov                    e-mail: skoda at sunstel.asu.cas.cz  *
*  Czech Republic                                                       *