Light curves in DAL

Petr Skoda skoda at sunstel.asu.cas.cz
Tue Sep 25 05:42:50 PDT 2012

Thank you all for replies,

however as I understand the plans are about relatively far future ;-)
I need clear definition of work for several students on bachelor theses
now - pragmatical approach that will work with current clients - so far I
have seen just SPLAT on Corot data and VOA TS tool as a web service which
however access only predefined set of services.

The main operation we need is preview, folding to phase and binning and
filtering of light curve - important is rebinning to the same point
although the observation may be in different times in various filters.
So the important part of the task is either client capabilities (e.g. in
SPLAT there is a potential to do it) or the server on-line postprocessing
which is however the problem of datalinks and getdata operations or their
equivalents in GDS handling.

The simpletimeseries looks fulfilling most of needs however is it
compatible with the VAO TS tool ?

What are the ideas about practical operation of new client tools ?
Standalone or web service ?

> http://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/CSPTimeSeries),

too much general - everybody needs everything - I am missing the second
part - when I have it what I want to do with it ...

Best regards

Petr

*  Petr Skoda                         Phone : +420-323-649201, ext. 361 *
*  Stellar Department                         +420-323-620361           *
*  Astronomical Institute AS CR       Fax   : +420-323-620250           *
*  251 65 Ondrejov                    e-mail: skoda at sunstel.asu.cas.cz  *
*  Czech Republic                                                       *