Light curves in DAL

Douglas Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Fri Sep 21 13:18:58 PDT 2012

Hi Petr -

The Spectral Data Model (SDM 2.0) currently in progress is designed to
support time series data / light curves as well as spectra and SEDs (as
we agreed in Pune when SDM 2.0 was launched).  The thinking is that most
of the model is generic and can be used unchanged, however a new
submodel TimeSeries is added to hold any truly time series-specific
metadata (period characterization, information about folding, trend
removal, etc.).  There should be an update to the current TimeSeries
Note outlining a proposed data model in sufficient detail to be used for
prototyping.  Within VAO, we have plans to publish a half dozen or so
data collections as part of the prototyping effort.

 	- Doug