[DALI] error documents

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Tue Oct 30 12:45:32 PDT 2012

On 2012-10-30 15:26:42 Norman Gray wrote:
>  There'd be no need to require services to produce one format or another
> (and for what it's worth, the HTTP spec is also deliberately vague on what
> MIME type any error response should be), but giving this freedom allows
> services to provide client-friendlier responses if they're capable of that.

Agreed. The idea is to include such language. The client must check the
Content-Type header to see what the body of the response is independent of
other issues anyway and we do make that clear.

On the topic of Accept headers, I tried using that in the past but it is hard
t make it work in practice. Some clients just have Accept: */* while others
specify the different types with weights and such... it's kind of a mess I'd
rather avoid in DALI :-)

Tel/Tél: (250) 363-0044
Canadian Astronomy Data Centre
National Research Council Canada
5071 West Saanich Road
Victoria, BC V9E 2M7

Centre canadien de donnees astronomiques
Conseil national de recherches Canada
5071, chemin West Saanich
Victoria (C.-B.) V9E 2M7