TAP Implementation Notes

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Oct 8 06:42:24 PDT 2012

Dear DAL folks,

I've been planning to write up what's on
http://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/TAPImplementationNotes -- a
collection of various things regarding TAP that need clarification or
improvement -- for a while now.  I've finally tackled it, and the
(intermediate) result is at
https://volute.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/projects/dal/TAPNotes/TAPNotes-fmt.html

I hope  we'll find some time to discuss the various topics in Sao
Paulo, but it would really be nice if you could glance through it
before.  Whether in SP, before or after, I'm be grateful for any kind
of feedback, but particularly:

(1) For each individual proposal: Do you think it's a good idea?
(2) For each individual proposal: Would you implement that?
(3) For each To Be Written-thingy: Would you author it?
(3) Are there any other quirks you'd like to fix in the next round of
    standardization?
(4) Are there any other features you'd like to see in the next round
    of standardization?

Let me also cordially invite you to work on the document in volute if
you want to add, delete, or change something (check out
https://volute.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/projects/dal/TAPNotes).  If
you have trouble with the document build system, please do bug me, I
know it still needs some work, but it'll take some prodding to make
me do it.

Thanks,

          Markus