DAL sessions - Pune 2011

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Thu Sep 15 14:38:39 PDT 2011

The program for the interop includes 4 sessions for DAL, each with just one
topic in order to have plenty of time for discussion.

TAPRegExt
DALI
DataLink
PQL

In addition, there is a Theory/DAL session on SimDAL which should not conflict
with the above and I'm pretty sure TAPRegExt will not conflict with any
Registry-WG sessions.

I am not sure at this point exactly what format would be best, but since there
has been no visible progress on DALI, DataLink, or PQL (we're all very busy,
it seems :-) I think the best thing would be to simply have an open
discussion, try to dig into the details, and explore all the options. If
anyone has done any prototyping of these things, we could all benefit from a
short summary of the experiences.

I will be creating a wiki page for each topic (for those that don't exist),
linking to them from the main DAL wiki page, and linking to them from the
interop program. At that point, interested people can just add discussion
points to a list and we'll use that as the session agenda.

For now, let me know if you would like to report on prototyping experiences
related to the above topics and/or if you have any other ideas on how best to
use the time we have to get these things rolling.

Pat Dowler (DAL chair)
Mike Fitzpatrick (DAL vice-chair)

Tel/Tél: (250) 363-0044
Canadian Astronomy Data Centre
National Research Council Canada
5071 West Saanich Road
Victoria, BC V9E 2M7

Centre canadien de donnees astronomiques
Conseil national de recherches Canada
5071, chemin West Saanich
Victoria (C.-B.) V9E 2M7