SSA-1.1

Almudena Velasco avelasco at cab.inta-csic.es
Mon Mar 28 08:06:21 PDT 2011

Hello Patrick,

If you remember I made a presentation proposing some minor changes that
would make the SSAP extensible to light curves, in the last Interop in
Nara. Here is a summary of them. The SVO propose to include them in this
version or, preferably in the 1.2 version.

1. There is a way to define the Flux and Spectral Axis column names, but
not for Time Axis column name if we deal with light curves in native
format. So that, it would be necessary to add TimeAxis in the Dataset
Metadata.

2. The SSAP defines a DatasetType value which is always “spectrum”. It
would be necessary to have the possibility to set a “TimeSeries” type,
as well as the new MIME types for light curves, for example;
timeseries/fits.

3. The parameter Char.SpectralAxis.Coverage.Bounds.Extend could be set
as recommended, same to the parameter
Char.TimeAxis.Coverage.Bounds.Extend , instead mandatory, as is now.

4. For the SDM, the field 'Data.SpectralAxis.Value” is set as mandatory
while the TimeAxis.Value is optional. We think it could be changed to
optional.

5. Also, we think that a way to identify time series services in the
registry is needed. Nowadays, as you can see, if we search for SSAP
services in the registry, we find the timeseries services mixed with
spectrum services. The solution would be to add two SSAP subtypes, one
for spectrum services and another for light curves services.

Regards,
Almudena Velasco
Spanish Virtual Observatory

El 14/03/11 17:32, Patrick Dowler escribió:
> The (hopefully) final draft of the minor revision SSA-1.1 has been uploaded to
> the twiki site:
>
> http://www.ivoa.net/cgi-bin/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/SSA_v1_1
>
> Anyone who implemented SSA-1.0 services or applications that interact with
> SSA-1.0 services should look it over and comment before the end of this month
> (March 2011).
>
> Note: This version only has minor bug fixes to the spec and no new
> functionality; new features and/or larger scale changes are to be considered
> in SSA-1.2 only.

Almudena Velasco Trasmonte ( avelasco at cab.inta-csic.es )
Lab. de Astrofísica Espacial (www.laeff.cab.inta-csic.es)
European Space Astronomy Centre (ESAC)
Villafranca del Castillo - E-28691 Villanueva de la Cañada - Madrid - Spain
Tel.: 91 813 13 09  Fax.: 34 91 8131160