[obs-tap] draft summary topic 3 *Access Format*

Mireille Louys mireille.louys at unistra.fr
Fri Mar 18 11:10:20 PDT 2011

[obs-tap] draft summary topic 3 *Access Format*

We need right now new possibilities on top of current MIME types used
in the VO in order to express combinations, archive file formats:
directory, tar, ?
( Tom McGlynn's use-case , Garching discussions)

I suggest to start with a list of possible values :
A la MIME type :  image/jpeg, image/fits, application/x-votable+xml,...
A la UCD:
fits.image;gz  // if compressed
fits.cube.muse // special format with flux and variance in 2 diff fits
extensions
fits.mef
fits.evla
ms
etc... as suggested by Juande on the wiki page

This topic still need some examples to try to cover most of the possibilities.

Thanks, ML