Obstap / fixed

Francois Bonnarel francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr
Wed Mar 16 06:18:53 PDT 2011

Douglas Tody a e'crit :
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2011, Francois Bonnarel wrote:
>
>> On the obs_title discussion:
>>
>> /As far as I understand obs_title is a free text description. Maybe
>> usefull but the field name is confusing I think. Nothing to do with
>> an ID./
>
> Note that this is already in the data model (SSA/Spectrum) with the
> name "title": DataID.Title. It is also in SIA1 (VOX:Image_Title).
> In both cases it is mandatory metadata. The name derives from FITS
> where it is commonly used for image data. It is not an identifier
> in the usual sense, but is part of dataset identification, providing
> a human readable, free text (but short) description of the dataset.
> This is commonly used in analyis software to e.g. describe a dataset in
> a query response table, in a plot header, in the label of a displayed
> image, and so forth.
>
> - Doug
OK Doug, I noticed that.
But we may play a little bit with the name/utype match
keep it "utyped" by DataID.title and use "obs_descr" as a name ?
Regards
Franc,ois

Franc,ois   Bonnarel           Observatoire Astronomique de Strasbourg
CDS (Centre de donne'es        11, rue de l'Universite'
astronomiques de Strasbourg)  F--67000 Strasbourg (France)

Tel: +33-(0)3 68 85 24 11     WWW: http://cdsweb.u-strasbg.fr/people/fb.html
Fax: +33-(0)3 68 85 24 25     E-mail: francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr