utype for STC region in SIAP query response

Thomas Boch thomas.boch at astro.unistra.fr
Tue Aug 30 02:51:14 PDT 2011

To illustrate my request, here is is how the STC-S FIELD is described in
the query response of three different SIAP services :

Service 1 : <FIELD name="position_bounds" unit="deg" xtype="adql:REGION"
datatype="char" arraysize="*">

Service 2 : <FIELD name="stcs" datatype="char" arraysize="*"
ucd="phys.area;obs.field" unit="deg">

Service 3 : <FIELD ID="regionSTCS" name="regionSTCS" datatype="char"
arraysize="*">

3 different services, 3 different ways to express the same thing.
Having a unique unambiguous way to detect the STC-S field would be very
helpful for client consuming these services.
Cheers,

Thomas

--
Thomas Boch
Ingénieur de Recherche

  CDS/Observatoire Astronomique   Phone  : 33 (0)3 68 85 24 42
  11, rue de l'Universite         Fax    : 33 (0)3 68 85 24 17
  F-67000 Strasbourg              Email  : thomas.boch at astro.unistra.fr
  France                          http://cdsweb.u-strasbg.fr/~boch