TAP/UWS authentication - short survey

Matthew Graham mjg at cacr.caltech.edu
Mon Aug 8 10:08:52 PDT 2011

Hi Matthias,

You should certainly have a look at the IVOA Recommendation for SSO (http://www.ivoa.net/Documents/latest/SSOAuthMech.html) in case you have not already done so. This recommends X.509 certificates also says that "HTTP basic authentication shall not be used".

The VAO is working on an OpenID system tied to our existing X.509 service.

	Cheers,

	Matthew